Thursday 21 August 2014

Cronut! Cup and Cake Bakery, Riverside Market - Hunt for Cardiff's Best Breakfast


This is probably my briefest ever post.

You see, I only went to Riverside Market last Sunday morning for a low key cronut from Cup and Cake Bakery (£2.50) and a coffee from the Caffeine Kid (£2.20).

However, it’s 4 days later I’m still thinking about that pastry.

I now understand the hype.

I now understand last summer's column inches.

I now understand those huge stateside queues. 

The crisp croissant like layers of pastry, the pillow soft sugariness of a doughnut, the sharpness of the raspberry icing and the ooze of white chocolate ganache thrown in for good measure – it stills weigh heavily on my mind.

And that flat white was frigging lush too (£2.20). Just look at the milk art.


The details:

Cup and Cake Bakery sell their cronuts at St Mary Street Market on Saturdays, 11am – 5pm, at Riverside Market on Sundays, 10am – 2pm and online soon. Flavours vary by week. 

The Caffeine Kid is at Riverside Market on Sundays.

Address – Riverside Market, Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff CF11 6AN
Web http://www.riversidemarket.org.uk/
Telephone - 029 2019 0036

Credit: RCMA Farmers' Markets

2 comments:

  1. Their cronuts are amazing. I had one without icing a few weeks ago but hope they'll have ones with icing again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Cardiffinateacup - It's Belgian dark chocolate filled this week!

      Delete