Saturday 24 October 2015

Pizza Pronto, Cardiff Bay review


With hindsight there are some business ideas that are so brilliantly obvious that I can’t help but think I wish I’d thought of that.

Like putting a shipping container opposite Tesco’s in Cardiff Bay and selling freshly baked pizzas to the lunchtime hordes who are dissatisfied with their depressing pre-packed sandwiches.

Pizza Pronto have done just that.

The second outpost of this pizza takeaway (the original branch is in Penarth) has popped up in Mermaid Quay for at least the winter.


Pizzas are well priced and proportioned for the lunchtime market with prices ranging from £3.50 to £4.95 for an 8 inch pizza.

They also do Berlusconi soup (I don’t know either), filled doughballs, and nutella and dough sticks for dessert. 


Service is quick, we only waited five minutes after ordering.

And the pizza was lovely too, the base enjoyably soft and crisp, and the toppings generous in quantity.

I ordered the Nduja (£4.95) topped with unctuous fiery Italian sausage. 


My colleagues enjoyed a margherita (£3.50),


a pepperoni (£3.95),


and The King, topped with chicken, ham and pepperoni (£4.95)


I can see Pizza Pronto becoming a regular part of my lunchtime routine. It’s great to have another quality independent to break up the chain homogeny of Cardiff Bay.

The Details:

Address - Pizza Pronto, 7-8 Bute Crescent, Mermaid Quay, Cardiff CF10 5AN

5 comments:

  1. How did they get permission for that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's on Jolyon's land so they're most likely renting the space off them.

      Delete
  2. Hey Ed, you should check out La Mangiatoia on Clare Road. It's a total hidden gem of an Italian place set up by a chef who cooked at cafe citta for a long time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephen, thanks for the tip! I'll definitely check it out.

      Delete
  3. I echo Stephen Wood's comment above. La Mangiatoia is an absolute beaut.

    ReplyDelete